Friday 2 December 2016

November 2016: Link Love


This is my second Link Love post. I'm really enjoying putting this monthly feature together, partly selfishly for me as it's a chance to gather all the things I've been loving on the web, but I also hope it'll interest other people and shine a light on other bloggers/writers/brands/people that I enjoy.



Reading


A Man With One Of Those Faces by Caimh McDonnell

Crime by the Book: The Ice Beneath Her - I've been reading a lot of book reviews this month and so have added many more books to my to-read list. The Ice Beneath Her by Camilla Grebe looks really interesting, a Nordic Noir thriller that begins with a beheading, and this review by Abby at Crime by the Book has made me want to read it.

Bibliophile Book Club: A Man With One Of Those Faces - Crime fiction crossed with humour is perhaps one of my favorite genres, and A Man With One Of Those Faces by comedian Caimh McDonnell looks right up my street.

The Suspense is Thrilling Me - I discovered this blog in November and it is now on my Bloglovin' follow list. Chelsea has really clear and fun reviews of all sorts of crime and thriller books. I particularly liked her review of Trust Me I Lie by Louise Marley and now want to read it.

Rosie Amber - I discovered this great blog through the #TuesdayBookBlog hashtag (read more below) as Rosie is the originator of it. Her blog is full of excellent book reviews and tips for writers. She seems to be genuinely passionate about connecting authors and readers.


Writing


Highlanders' Revenge by Paul Tors

#TuesdayBookBlog - Started by Rosie Amber (above) I discovered this great Twitter hashtag this month. Not only does it lead you to find lots of excellent books and bloggers, it also got me a lot of retweets and page views.

Linda's Book Bag: Collaborative Writing - Some shameless self promotion here. This is a post on collaborative writing that I wrote with my uncle Paul about our book Highlanders' Revenge. It's a look at how we work together and may be helpful to anyone else considering co-authoring a book. It's a guest post on Linda's blog which, is great for both readers and writers.

Books Please: Highlanders' Revenge - More self-promotion. Margaret at Books Please wrote a great review of my book Highlanders' Revenge. She's a blogger that I regularly read, so it meant a lot that she enjoyed it (thank god!).

33 Essential Tips for Aspiring Writers - Just some really great quotes from authors about writing. Good source of inspiration when you're feeling a bit lethargic.



Random


The Fairy Feller's Master Stroke by Richard Dadd

Richard Dadd - I can't remember how I found this page but the Wikipedia page of the artist Richard Dadd is fascinating. He went mad and murdered his father then spent the rest of life in an insane asylum, where he painted beautiful, minutely detailed paintings, including The Fairy Feller's Master Stroke (above).

Reclaimed Vintage Grey Leather Watch - I want an everyday watch but don't want to spend a fortune. This grey and gold watch from ASOS is lovely and only £25.

13 F*cking Creepy Wikipedia Pages - Call me weird but I find unsolved mysteries fascinating. This has some to really get your hooks into, like the death of Elisa Lam. There are also some seriously messed up serial killers on here, which are horrible but also strangely interesting. What on earth was wrong with Elizabeth Bathory?!

Warehouse Colourblock Cardi Coat - I've been looking for a 'coatigan' or sweater coat for ages. I really like this black and tan one from Warehouse. But it's £65! Trying to weigh up if it's worth it. This may have to go on my Christmas list.

The 2016 Lush Prize Winners - It's inspiring to see so many companies and people working to end animal testing and replace it with cruelty free options.

Follow Me On Bloglovin'



No comments:

Post a Comment