Friday 11 August 2017

1st Anniversary and Philip Pullman Wedding Reading




I got married a year ago today. Apart from having to halt the ceremony briefly because I thought I was going to faint and/or vomit, it was an amazing day.

I won't waffle on about the wedding as I know that can bore people to death, but I wanted to share with you my wedding reading. We're not religious and, me being me, I wanted readings from books. But, in the end, we only had one reading because only one really stood out for me.



I chose an extract from The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman. When I first read the book, years ago now, long before Tim and I got together or I was even thinking about marriage, I remember this extract standing out to me and pulling on the old heart strings. It's romantic without being syrupy and I like to hope this may be what happens after you die. Also, if you've read the book you'll know that this part beautifully heartbreaking.

The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman - Reading, Writing, Booking

No more soppy stuff, here's the reading and below are just a few wedding pictures too, all taken by Kim Hurton Photography (who were great and affordable, check them out if you're based in Suffolk).


"I will love you forever; whatever happens. Till I die and after I die, and when I find my way out of the land of the dead, I'll drift about forever, all my atoms, till I find you again...I'll be looking for you, every moment, every single moment. And when we do find each other again, we'll cling together so tight that nothing and no one'll ever tear us apart. Every atom of me and every atom of you...We'll live in birds and flowers and dragonflies and pine trees and in clouds and in those little specks of light you see floating in sunbeams...And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won't just be able to take one, they'll have to take two, one of you and one of me, we'll be joined so tight."

Extract from The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman







Follow Me On Bloglovin'


No comments:

Post a Comment