Monday 5 June 2017

May 2017 Link Love


Source

The first half of May was mainly cold and grey, so I spent more time inside on the web than usual and discovered lots of book reviews, writing tips and random fashion and travel posts.
The sun did eventually come out and, like a true Brit I spent the rest of the time desperately roasting myself to the point of pinkness.


Reading


Nothing on Earth by Conor O'Callaghan - Reading, Writing, Booking

Reading Matters: Nothing on Earth - This review has intrigued me and I really want to read Nothing on Earth now. Mystery and horror, count me in.

Goodreads: 20 Recent Books That Will Hook You From Page One - Chosen by readers, this list of twenty attention-grabbing books has some excellent suggestions, my tbr list has just got longer.

Omnivoracious: And the Edgar goes to... - Amazon's book blog shares a few of the winners from The Mystery Writers of America's Edgar Awards, I especially want to read The Wicked Boy.

Books from Dusk Till Dawn: Highlanders' Revenge - A little bit of self-promotion here. Sue from Books from Dusk Till Dawn wrote a lovely review of my book Highlanders' Revenge. She said reading the book made her feel humble, which made me feel very humble in return!


Writing


Well-Storied Writing Tips - Reading, Writing, Booking
Source

Well-Storied: Do you need talent to be a writer? - This is an interesting question and I like the way Kristen examines it; questioning whether writing is an art or a craft. This is a great blog in general if you're a writer.


Random

Skirt and Sneakers - Reading, Writing, Booking
Source

The Fashion Lift: Time to Get Your Summer Sneaker On - I never really wore trainers until the last couple of years, I didn't want reminding of P.E. class. However, I'm a recent convert and love the look of white trainers (sneakers) with a summer dress or skirt. Fran from The Fashion Lift has some great inspiration in this post.

Tiny Buddha: How to Relax in Meditation When You Have a Busy Mind - I've been trying to meditate more recently, but, like a lot of people, find it really difficult to clear my mind. I like this concept, using the metaphor of a disobedient dog (read it, it makes sense).

The Frugality: Frugal City Guide: Rome - My husband and I will (hopefully) spend a long weekend in Rome for my 30th birthday later this year. I've been there before but he hasn't and there is so much we want to do. This post from Alexandra Stedman has some brilliant suggestions for places to stay, eat and visit, and a lot of beautiful photography (see first pic).



No comments:

Post a Comment